Hi everyone! It's Jen, owner of Altar Ego Weddings. We are thrilled to be celebrating our 10th anniversary this year! We have been blessed to have planned and coordinated over 100 weddings in Dallas-Fort Worth and Austin during this time. Altar Ego Weddings officially launched on January 1, 2007 as a side business while working full-time. After my husband and I had our first son, I left the corporate world to focus on my family and my wedding planning business. I have enjoyed the wonderfully flexible situation of being both mom and business owner. Being a wedding planner has allowed me to continue working, grow personally and professionally, develop my creative side and still love on my family. God has blessed me, my business and my team immensely over the last decade. Let's take a look at some numbers!
120 couples married
111 venues worked at
29 cities where our weddings took place
65 Wedding Wire reviews (5.0 overall rating)
8 Years Wedding Wire Couple's Choice Award Winner (should be 9 soon!)
Thousands of wedding guests, bridesmaids and groomsmen
Hundreds of wedding vendor friends AKA "friendors"
A lot has changed in 10 years! Venues have opened and closed. The average age of brides continues to rise, as have budgets. The tradition of who pays for the wedding has shifted back and forth. Big weddings were all the rage and then small. Trends have come and gone and come back again - Short bridesmaids dresses, then back to long. Strapless bridal gowns, sleeved bridal gowns, lace, taffeta, chiffon.....colorful flowers, white flowers, blush, neutral, rustic, burlap, glam, glitz, relaxed, casual, laid back, posh, luxurious...............
One thing continues to remain the same for Altar Ego Weddings. That is our passion for giving brides the opportunity to enjoy their wedding day stress-free. There is nothing quite like seeing our brides truly enjoy their wedding days. They get to soak in the love, emotion, celebration and fun while we tend to the details. Literally at the end of the wedding day when a bride tells us she has enjoyed her wedding day without having to worry about anything, OUR HEARTS MELT. That is why we do what we do. It's who we are and is our #1 priority. Providing brides this experience will remain at our core for the however many more years we are able to serve brides.
Time to give lots of thanks and shout outs! Many people and organizations have contributed to Altar Ego Weddings' success!
- Heather, my first paying client - thank you for taking a chance on me even though you didn't know I was a newbie!
- Chelsey Arnal of Events and Experiences - you were my first mentor. I will be forever grateful to have had time apprenticing with you.
- The American Association of Certified Wedding Planners (AACWP) - for formalized training and certification and the opportunity to grow as a teacher as well.
- Venues and vendors - thanks for being wonderful to work with. It takes a team to pull off a wedding. Altar Ego Weddings would not be successful without amazing vendor teams. I am in awe of the talented people I get to work with.
- My team! Heidi, Kiersten and now Jenna - you ladies are a gift from God. I could not ask for better, more genuine people to serve brides with me.
- Simply Personal for being our stationery partner and designing our anniversary logos.
- My husband, Justin, for always encouraging me and being my business consultant, attorney, accountant, babysitter......
- My in-laws, Rod and Brenda, for loving our kids as much as we do!
- Last but definitely not least, God. He gave me talents I am honored to share with other people. Without His strength I could not be successful in any aspect of life. I am continually humbled by the opportunities He brings my way and the people he puts in my life.
2017 is going to be a great year! Altar Ego Weddings is now 10 years old and we're looking forward to many more! Happy New Year!